Hey, Ithaca Families!
We hope you and your loved ones healthy and well. We are now in Phase 2 of NYS Forward and are happy to announce that we are ready to welcome you back into the store on June 11! There are lots of significant changes and caveats to this re-opening, so please read on carefully and keep an eye on our website for future updates.
When we started working on our re-opening plan, it became clear to the team that another issue was at the forefront of our minds. Our support of BLM and the fight against systematic racial injustice isn’t new, but we’ve been asking ourselves how we can be more intentional as a small business. We feel strongly that simply saying “Black Lives Matter” isn’t enough. Below are some of the things we are doing as a company to be better allies:
- Prioritize selling the products of local BIPOC artists and artisans. Please apply HERE to our Local Maker Program. This project started at Mimi’s Attic but has grown to include Mama Goose too.
- Reaching out to local, black-owned businesses to see how we can drive business towards them through partnerships and collaborations.
- Donate 10% of our profits from June 12-17 to programs that provide services and support to our local BIPOC community. Funds will be donated to Southside Community Center.
- Encouraging discussion, activism and education amongst our staff by providing articles and resources about diversity, racial justice and more.
Beginning June 11, we are once again open for in-store shopping! Here’s how it will work:
- For now, hour business hours are Mon-Sat 10-5, Sun 12-5. All staff and customers over the age of 2, are required to wear a mask inside at all times. The masks can be cloth, but must cover the nose and mouth.
- The number of customers in the store will be limited to no more than half of our legal maximum occupancy, including children over the age of 2.
- If you arrive at the store, and it is at capacity, we will kindly ask for your phone number and that you wait outside or in your car. Then, we will call you as soon as a spot opens up.(Alternatively, you are welcome to call us when you first arrive and we will let you know if we are at capacity or not).
- With this in mind, please try to limit the number of “non-shoppers” who accompany you.
- For the time being, we have removed our toys from the shelves and play areas (sorry, lil’ goslings!) and are working to get them up on Shopify for you to purchase that way.
- All customers and staff are asked to remain at least 6 feet away from each other unless separated by a plexi barrier.
- We will be wiping down door handles and high-use surfaces frequently throughout the day.
You can still shop with us by phone, email, or through social media! Give us a call or shoot us a message to get started. You will purchase your items over the phone and we can meet you at the door with your purchased items.
If you have items you would like to consign or sell, please call us at 607-269-0600 and make an appointment. We are not able to accept walk-ins at this time. We are taking in merchandise very selectively so that we can maximize our resources of time and money on merchandise that is in demand now and will move quickly. Being selective and buying by appointment only will also help pace our intake in a way that will accommodate our new systems of quarantining incoming merchandise for at least 24 hours before we process it and move it to the sales floor. For more information about what we are buying and consigning, click HERE.
We still have a lot of great spring merchandise in stock, but some sizes are a bit “thin” because we haven’t been taking in new merchandise for the last three months. Please take advantage of the coupon below to make the most of your visit and load up on what we have! Rest assured, our racks will get fuller in the coming weeks!
All sales are final except shoes and baby equipment, which must be returned within 7 days of purchase (sooner is better).
Thank you for your understanding.